Have you accidentally spilled something on your carpet? Well, you shouldn’t worry because you are not alone. Accidents happen. The truth is that nobody can predict whenever a mistake will happen. Fortunately for you, you can still fix that mistake.
Today, we are going to share with you some carpet cleaning Buena Park tips on how to get rid of common carpet stains.
Water-Based Paint Stains
Typically, this occurs when your kid has an art or school project that does not quite make it into his or her canvas.
- Do allow the paint to soften before you try to scrape it off using a scraper or a sharp utensil.
- Don’t scrub the carpet.
- Do dab and blot. Just like other stains out there, rubbing the stain will only cause more damage to the carpet since you’re pushing the stain deep into the carpet fibers.
- Extra Treatment Option – You can utilize a tiny amount of dish soap to blot on onto your carpet if the paint stain has dried already. Next, try to get rid of it using a scraping utensil.
If you’re like every homeowner, you probably consider your pet as part of your family. Unfortunately, accidental bathroom trips can leave behind unappealing stains and foul smells. So, how will you get rid of these stains and odors?
- Do get rid of the remaining stain the next day. The reason for this is that it’s a lot more manageable since it has had time to dry overnight.
- Don’t try to dab the stain immediately. Though this might appear like the most obvious choice at the time, you need to leave the stain to dry for a couple of hours.
- Do get rid of all big surrounding waste pieces that your pet leaves behind. Keep in mind that the waste of your pet has a lot of dangerous germs that can spread around the carpet and house if you do not pick it up thoroughly.
- Extra Treatment Option – A mixture of 16 ounces of water, 30 ounces of white vinegar, and 2 to 3 drops of dishwashing soap can be utilized for the extra stain treatment.
Liquids (Soda, Wine, Juices)
Every single homeowner has probably been there. You have perhaps experienced accidentally spilling wine, beer, or juice on your carpet. This is particularly true during a fun get together or during the holidays. So, what should you do if you spill liquid?
- Don’t try to scrub the stain immediately. As mentioned, you’re only creating more damage by deeply pushing the stain into the fibers. This can lead to expensive damage.
- Do dab the surface area. The faster you’re able to apply gentle pressure using washcloths or paper towels, the better. Blot the area gently until you get rid of the stain from the carpet.
- Extra Treatment Option – A tiny amount of club soda is also fine if you want to get rid of wine stains. However, you shouldn’t overuse it. It’s enough to use a tiny splash of club soda.